Foundational Principles for Reopening at Our Savior’s:
Safety and Protection: The protection of all our members and those who come to worship is our top priority. We encourage anyone that has underlying health concerns to remain home until their situation has changed. Persons who are in the midst of a two week quarantine as a result of direct contact with a person who has tested positive for Covid-19 or because of travel restrictions should not attend the church service. Nor should anyone who is feeling ill or running a fever come to the service. We will continue to offer on-line services for those who are unable to attend and will seek to provide pastoral care for all our members.
Comply with Government Directives: We will follow guidelines issued by the CDC and NYS relating to the use and occupancy of our building. This includes directives relating to the wearing of face masks, social distancing, and appropriate methods for cleaning and sanitizing.
Guidelines for Worship in Our Savior’s Community Life Center
Last Revision: 7/28/20
1. Parking: You may park in the school or church parking lot. Cars will be parked in every other space to allow for social distancing. An usher will be available to direct the parking. You may drop off and pick up passengers by the main entrance to the school
2. Wear Face Coverings when entering the building and while in the building – before, during and after the worship service. Face coverings will be available at the Welcome Table for anyone who needs one.
3.Welcome Table in the lobby. All worshippers will be signed in at the Welcome Table. Worship bulletins and communion packets will be distributed at the Welcome Table.
4. Seating/Social Distancing: Chairs in the Community Life Center are arranged to accommodate social distancing. An usher will direct worshippers to their seats. For the safety of all, please observe social distancing before, during and after the worship service.
5. Singing: Worshippers are encouraged to sing as long as they wear their masks and maintain social distancing. The Worship Team will sing without masks while they maintain social distancing on the stage.
6. The Sacrament of the Altar/Communion will be celebrated. The communion elements will be in packets and will be given out at the Welcome Table. You will be invited to take out the packets when the Words of Institution are spoken, and then we will commune together.
7. Dismissal / Offering: Ushers will dismiss worshippers row by row, starting in the back (farthest from the stage). You may leave your offering in plates that will be in the school lobby.
8. No Child Care will be provided during Sunday worship at this time.
9. Bathrooms: The bathrooms across from the school office will be available for use by worshippers.